- February: Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews commits the government to discussing treaty.
- April: Self-Determination Forums were held across Victoria.
- May: The first Aboriginal Victoria Forum was held.
- July: The Aboriginal Treaty Working Group was established to develop options for an Aboriginal Representative Body, through consultation with the Aboriginal community.
- November: Phase 1 of community consultations about the design of the Representative Body.
- December: The second Aboriginal Victoria Forum was held, to report on community consultations.
- March: Phase 2 of community consultations about the design of the Representative Body.
- April: The third Aboriginal Victoria Forum was held to report back on the second phase of community consultations.
- November - December: The Community Assembly was held to resolve key details.
- December: Jill Gallagher was appointed Victorian Treaty Advancement Commissioner.
- January: Victorian Treaty Advancement Commission was established
- March: The Treaty Working Group released the report on the design of the Representative Body (incorporating recommendations of the Community Assembly)
- April - September: The Commission team held conversations with communities across Victoria.
- July: Advancing the Treaty Process with Aboriginal Victorians Bill 2018 passes parliament
- September: The Commission released a proposed Representative Body model, and held a Statewide Gathering as part of a feedback process.
The Commission also held an Elders Forum to promote discussion about an Elders Voice within the Representative Body.
- October: Feedback on the proposed model closes.