Skip to main content
Treaty process to date
- February 2016: Premier Daniel Andrews commits the government to discussing treaty.
- April 2016: Self-Determination Forums were held across Victoria.
- May 2016: The first Aboriginal Victoria Forum was held.
- July 2016: The Aboriginal Treaty Working Group was established to develop options for an Aboriginal Representative Body, through consultation with the Aboriginal community.
- November 2016: Phase 1 of community consultations about the design of the Representative Body.
- December 2016: The second Aboriginal Victoria Forum was held, to report on community consultations.
- March 2017: Phase 2 of community consultations about the design of the Representative Body.
- April 2017: The third Aboriginal Victoria Forum was held to report back on the second phase of community consultations.
- November - December 2017: The Community Assembly was held to resolve key details.
- December 2017: Jill Gallagher was appointed Victorian Treaty Advancement Commissioner.
- March 2018: Australia's first ever treaty legislation was introduced into Victorian Parliament.
- April 2018: The Commissioner began consultations with communities across Victoria.