The following people have been appointed by formally recognised Traditional Owner groups with a reserved seat on the First Peoples' Assembly of Victoria.
• Robert Ogden – Bunurong Land Council Aboriginal Corporation
• Dylan Clarke – Barengi Gadjin Land Council Aboriginal Corporation
• Trent Nelson – Dja Dja Wurrung Clans Aboriginal Corporation
• Jamie Lowe – Eastern Maar Aboriginal Corporation
• Melissa Jones – First People of the Millewa-Mallee
• Troy McDonald – Gunaikurnai Land and Waters Aboriginal Corporation
• Andrew Gardiner – Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung Cultural Heritage Aboriginal Corporation
• Marcus Stewart - Taungurung Land and Waters Council
• Donna Wright - Gunditj Mirring Traditional Owners Aboriginal Corporation
TO groups play a vital role in helping our culture thrive, and in advancing Aboriginal rights. Their contributions will make the Assembly stronger, and help build a better journey towards Treaties.
They have been appointed in addition to the 21 provisionally elected members determined through a vote of Victorian Aboriginal communities, announced earlier this month. You can view the full list here.
Each of the 11 formally recognised Traditional Owner groups Registered Aboriginal Parties in Victoria has a reserved seat on the Assembly.
Each group is able to self-determine the method it uses to appoint its representative.