Eastern Metro Community Gathering
Aboriginal people in Melbourne's east are invited to a lunch and a yarn about treaty.
"I want to update people about what's happening, and make sure community has the facts," said Treaty Advancement Commissioner, Jill Gallagher AO.
"I want to hear the voices of the Aboriginal community," she said.
- Learn about the journey to treaty
- Get the facts about the future Aboriginal Representative Body
- Make your mark on history with the possum skin cloak
- Get your treaty tshirt
Community will be able to vote in elections for the Aboriginal Representative Body, which will set the 'ground rules' for negotiations.
It will be made up of traditional owners. Elections will likely be held in early 2019.
Community gathering details:
- When: Thursday 9 August, 12- 2 pm
- Where: Mullum Mullum Gathering Place, 47-49 Patterson Street, East Ringwood
- Phone: 1800 TREATY (1800 873 289)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: This web page previously published an incorrect address in Croydon. This has been updated with the correct venue.